Timeless method for crisp and clean flavor
- Recommended coffee-to-water ratio 1:16
- For 2 to 3 cups: 40g coffee to 640g water. (1ml of water = 1g)
You will need
- Chemex filter
- Kunjani coffee (whole bean)
- Place your filter into the Chemex and rinse with hot water. This will remove the papery taste and preheat your Chemex. Discard water prior to adding coffee grounds.
- Heat your water kettle to 200-205°F (about 90 second off boil).
- Weigh out the proper amount of coffee beans and grind them on a medium-course setting.
- Set the Chemex on top of your scale and zero (tare) it.
- Set a timer and begin pouring about 50g-75g of water over the coffee grounds, enough to saturate all of the coffee. Bloom for 30 seconds.
- Start pouring water in a constant circular motion and continue until the appropriate amount of water has been added. Take your time, all coffee should have passed through the filter by 3:30 to 4 minutes.
- Discard filter and serve.
Leave a comment