Classic method for full-bodied flavor
- Recommended coffee-to-water ratio 1:15
- For 2 to 3 cups: 40g coffee to 600g water.
You will need
- French Press
- Kunjani Coffee (whole bean)
- Preheat your French Press by filling it up with hot water. *This is important because it will ensure that the water temperature doesn't change while you are brewing. Discard water prior to adding coffee grounds.
- Heat your water kettle to 200-205°F (about 90 second off boil).
- Weigh out the proper amount of coffee beans and grind them on a coarse setting.
- Set the French Press on top of your scale and zero (tare) it.
- Bloom your coffee by slightly wetting the grounds, let it sit for 30 seconds. Pour the remaining amount of water and place the lid on top of the French Press without plunging the filter. Set a timer for 4 minutes.
- Once the timer goes off your coffee is ready. You can now slowly plunge the French Press.
- Serve immediately.