High caffeination method for low acidity and smooth flavor
- Recommended coffee-to-water ratio 1:4
- 125g coffee to 500g of water for 10 cups. (1mL of water = 1g)
- 250g coffee to 1L of water for 20 cups.
- We recommend using filtered water if possible.
You will need
- Weigh out your desired amount of coffee beans and grind them on a course setting - the same as you would use for French Press.
- Add your ground coffee to the pitcher and place onto your scale. Zero (tare) it.
- Start pouring your filtered cold water into the pitcher making sure all the grounds are wet. Add the remaining amount of water. Stir the water and coffee together if needed.
- Cover the top of your pitcher and set aside for 12-18 hours at room temperature.
- Once the time is up you are now ready to filter out the coffee grinds. We recommend filtering twice, once with the fine mesh sieve to separate the grinds from the concentrate. Secondly we recommend pouring the coffee concentrate through a pour-over dripper and filter *see Hario V60 brew guide.
This will filter out all remaining sediment for an even smoother brew. Place the pour-over dripper over your storage container, or right into your glass.
- Dilute the concentrate with a 1:3 ratio - or adjust to taste depending on strength preference.
* We recommend drinking the concentrate within 7 days, but we doubt it will last that long :)